Dcb Group (Service) Limited was set up on Thursday the 27th of January 2000. Their current partial address is Wicklow, and the company status is Normal. The company's current directors have been the director of 1 other Irish company between them; 1 of which is now closed. Dcb Group (Service) Limited has 2 shareholders.
- Latest Credit Movement:
- Date of Last Movement:27/04/2021
- Latest Accounts Filed:23/04/2021
- Report Based On Accounts:31/12/2020
- Next Set of Accounts Due:31/08/2022
- Credit Report & Financials
- Company Printout Report
- Directors & Owners Report
- Bad Debt Judgments Report
- Mortgages Report
- Company Name:Dcb Group (Service) Limited
- Time in Business:21 Years
- Company Number:319426
- Size:Small Company
- Current Status:NORMAL
- Phone:+353 (0)1 276 9000
- Principal Activity:[72.XX] Computer and Related Activities
- May Trade As:
- Disclaimer: Other Details
- Please note the 'other details' displayed above are collected from a variety of public sources and are appended to this report for your convenience. As they are non-CRO data, we can not vouch for their accuracy or timeliness. To update contact details on this company simply email us
- Registered Address:5 the Mill,
Bray Co. Wicklow,
Bray, Wicklow, A98rh29
Full Company Vitals, including Directors & Mortgages
Purchase either the Standard Company Report or a Credit Report to view details on the directors of this company.
Discover poor payment histories of any company by searching our Judgment Database, for court actions brought against a company for non-payment of a debt. Plus get free Judgment monitoring alerts on this company for the next 12 months. Judgments are available as part of the Credit Report.
Search all Registered Bad Debt Judgments for Co. Name matches.
|Form B1C - Annual Return General||4||13/04/2021||23/04/2021|
|B1 ANNUAL RETURN||9||27/05/2020||27/05/2020|
“Great service and v knowledgable staff,,
“Great website, ordered one afternoon and delivered next am, and a phone call to make sure everything was in order!!! Well done, pity there aren't more compNies looking after their customers as well¿,,